Friday 27 September 2013

What kind of architect do I want to become?



What kind of architect do I want to become?
It should be easy to answer that question. 
But when I think about it, I feel that my mind’s like a puzzle.
There are a lot of disordered pieces, incomplete ideas running through my head.

I want to do something different from anything else. I want to make a difference.
I want to be original, but I don’t even know where to start. 
I’m just here waiting for a great idea that is supposed to come out of my mind.

I want to do something useful, practical for someone, but comfortable at the same time.
I care about the environment, and I love interior design.
When I become an architect, I’d like to create spaces that people want to live in. A place that someone can call home.

From my point of view, an architect has to design in order to improve lives. That’s the reason why a building has to be useful and comfortable, but also beautiful. Every detail counts. We cannot forget the importance the structure has in every house, but its personality it’s what makes you call it home.
When you arrive home, it has to be your place, a place where you can feel comfortable, and you like to spend time in.
I would be happy with myself if I could create that feeling.
I guess I just want to do something I can be proud of.


So I don’t really have an answer that I can tell you in 2 minutes. I don’t have any idea of what kind of architect I will become. I only have a million pieces of a puzzle I’m trying to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment